Written by: Rabia Nazir
As the coronavirus is still spreading, coronavirus and mental health disturb all people very badly. Nowadays, it is becoming a major issue all over the globe. People don’t know how they can resist Covid-19. How can produce productive work and make their quarantining more valuable? They have nothing to do and the majority of people are utilizing their time by using social media all day they stay at home all day as WHO recommends ‘social distance, self-isolation makes people stressed and anxious.
Causes of stress and anxiety:
- Lose interest in the family:
The people are supposed to live with their families but in fact, they are not with them. and some are living an imaginary life because they are so immersed in their online talk. They disremember to give time to their relatives.
- Coronavirus news updates:
Watching and listening to the news too much has a strong bad impact on mental and physiological health. The situation raises anxiety and high blood pressure, and society is becoming the victim of depression.
- Disruption of routine:
It is one of the critical reasons to go to depression. Many people have no work to do so they wake up late. They go to sleep in the morning and wake up at night.
- Social distance:
It can make many people feel overwhelmed, isolated and alone. They cannot go to parties’ functions, or musical concerts for enjoyment even if they cannot go for meeting their loved ones.
- Chronic hand washing:
Scrub your hands at least for 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers and wear the mask regularly also feel sometimes irritating.
- Online work:
Many people are online working on zoom calls, online meetings, and attending conferences and seminars. They are doing an overload of work and waking at night disturbing their routine as well.
Students who are taking online classes for many hours, preparing presentations and assignments make them lethargic and have a bad impact on their mental health
Tips for managing stress, anxiety, and isolation during quarantine time.
- Always give time to your family.
- Everyone should wake up and see the sunlight.
- Always learn something new through E-learning.
- Take care of yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Do creative work like graphing, painting, baking, and cooking
- Eat and hydrate yourself for boosting your immunity.
- Helping others can make you feel better.
- Sharpen your skills by learning online courses.
Avoid overexposure to the news and comment section.
- Try to reframe the way you are thinking about staying home.
- Focus on the things that you can do easily.