SEO is meant by search engine optimization, which helps to increase the website visibility and helps to rank better in search engines and generate positive results. It is the best practice of optimizing the content through the search engine results.
SEO and its Benefits
The SEO and its benefits are quite obvious and bring passive traffic on your website, month after month. How do you optimise your content for SEO? What ranking factors matter?
How search engine work:
Search engines are like the digital libraries of the current age, instead of copies of books. The store consists of web pages. When you enter the query in the search engine. It looks through all the pages and index it and returns the most relevant results. It uses the computer program as an algorithm.
Nobody exactly knows how the algorithm works, but we get some clues from the google:
How Search Engine work:
the search engine provides the most relevant and useful information. Search algorithms observe the many factors, including the words of your query, relevant and usability of the pages, location and setting and expertise of sources. Each factor is involved and varies the nature of the query. The fresh content plays a vital role to answer the queries about the current news topic.
As we discuss on google, the search engine most used for web searches, it is the most reliable algorithm by far.
How SEO works:
SEO determines the search engines that your content is the best result for the topic at hand. All the search engines have the same goal. They show the best, most relevant results to the users. The more organic traffic comes to your websites. The expert needs to understand and cater to algorithms. If you want more views, it is all because of algorithms. Google ranks the web pages, not web sites.
Types of SEO:
- On-page vs. off-page SEO
- White hat vs. black hat vs. grey hat SEO
On-page vs. off-page SEO
- Onpage SEO helps to optimize your website and generate organic search results. It is everything you can do on the website from the content optimization and cover the technical aspects.
- Meta tags
- Meta title
- Meta description
- URL structure
- images optimization
- unique content
- Main keywords
- structured data
- website size and speed
The off-page SEO covers all the activities, you can improve the website domain authority and overall page score and through getting backlinks from the other websites. There are many ways to do all this work.
- Outreach: the primary goal of outreach to create valuable backlinks from offsite. It improves organic ranking and exposes the website to a new audience.
- Social bookmarking: the social bookmarking are the sites that share their web pages articles, blog posts, images and videos. Social bookmarking helps to increase your web traffic.
- Guest blogging: Guest blogging is also called guest posting. It is an act of writing, attracting traffic back to their website.
- Article submissions: you can submit your articles to other websites and get “No follow” and do-follow links.
- Social media efforts: must be active on the social media platform to increase traffic.
- writing valuable content: so people would love to link to your website
- Directory submission: website is defined as the practice of submitting your website URL and its details on the web directory under the particular directory. In which way, you can improve the link building. In those directories, the website is submitted to another website.
- profile creation: is a link building technique, we can create a profile on a different website such as forum website, social networking website. You can give details of business and give website links on your profile page. It helps to improve the DA of the website.
White hat SEO, Black hat and Grey hat SEO:
The origin of white hat SEO in western movies. It is like a good guy and a bad guy.
|White hat SEO||Black hat SEO|
|Useful well-written content||Cloaking and sneaky redirects|
|Brand building||Keyword stuffing|
|Content strategy||Link manipulation|
|On-page optimisation||Irrelevant backlinks|
|Keyword research||PBN link farms|
|Natural links||Hidden text|
|Focus on quality||Comment spam |
Black hat SEO: is a set of unethical practises improving the ranking of the website in the search result pages. They are designed to affect the search engines.
White hat SEO: is a set of the ethical techniques sticking to the guidelines and rules. The basic part of the White hat SEO is
- Quality and relevant content. Overall website optimisation
- Link building.
- Grey hat SEO
Grey white SEO:
Grey hat SEO a practice when you may risk less when compared to the Black hat techniques. Grey hat techniques aren’t clearly defined by Google so you can gain thousands of website users while not being penalized or lost all your rankings a day after.
, you do not want to make Google your enemy
How to optimise for Google:
Nobody knows exactly how much google ranking factors. We need to study the correlation between the various factors and google ranking. You can rank for the difficult
Google rank web pages, not website:
Google rank for the query such as “health and fitness”, you can rank for the different keywords and topics with the different pages. Let’s discuss some of the things that affect the ranking and search engine visibility.
Google can consider ranking your content, it first needs to know that it exists. Google uses several ways to discover new content on the website. But the primary method is crawling.
Google crawlers can block for some reasons:
Poor internal linking:
Google relies on the internal links or crawls all the pages on your website. The Pages without the internal links would not often get crawled.
No, Follow internal links:
The internal links with the no-follow tags would not get crawled by google.
No indexed pages:
You can exclude pages from the Google index using a no index Meta or HTTP header. If the other pages on your site only have internal links from no index pages. There is a chance that Google would not find them
Block in Robotics:
Robotics .txt is a text file that tells Google, where it can, and cannot on your website. If the pages are blocked here. It would not crawl them.
According to research , 63% of the searches come from mobile searches, and the number is growing day by day. Google announced a google rank for mobile-friendly websites in the search result.
Page speed means how fast your page loads. It is the ranking factor on the desktop and mobile. Google wants to keep the user satisfied. If the user is clicking on the search result, that takes too long to load, that leads to dissatisfaction.
To check the speed of your web pages
You can use Google page speed insight tool
Finding the keyword you want to rank is easy. just paste a topic into a keyword research tool and look for relevant keywords ideas with the search volume.
Google ranking algorithm is based on called page rank. The pages with the most votes tend to rank higher. One billion web pages found a clear correlation between the referring domain’s link from the unique websites or organic search traffic.
Search for target keyword on google:
Search for the targeted keyword on google, search for the pages that are as good as your pages, paste the URL of that page, reach out to the people and explain why your content is better.
The directory submission is the basic aspect of the off-page optimisation. The directory submission also attracts the traffic on your website and getting high quality do-follow backlinks. The directory submission helps to increase your page rank by building
Google wants to rank the most reliable, informative and useful results. The content-related signals are the Expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness. It is known as an EAT. Read more about the google search quality Rater guidelines
- Use the short sentences and paragraphs
- Link to the useful resources, where appropriate
- Try to stick 7th to 6th to the reading level
- Break things with the images quotes, try to make your content skimmable.
- Choose the most appropriate category for your blog, where you feel, your blog is best amongst the categories.
Blogs directories give you a helping hand to getting noticed. The submitting to the blog in the directories is important to get the backlinks. But don’t overdo it. it is always better to get into new directories for SEO benefits.